Fun Facts Friday:
1. It's been noted that as early as 386 B.C. the Romans decided to utilize geese to warn them of danger. Apparently the intruder could get past the dogs and the guards, but it wasn't until their paths crossed the geese that the officers were alerted by their loud squawking and restless flying.
2. About 41% of the burglars break into homes without the security alarm systems. In fact, Homes without security or alarm systems are up to 300% more likely to be broken into. About 61% of all burglaries are committed by forcible entry
3. It is reported that in the early 1700s an English inventor named Tildesley is original pioneer of the intrusion alarm by linking a set of chimes to the door lock. The chimes would alert homeowners of intrusion when the burglar tried to enter through the door.
4. It wasn't until the 1850's that Augustus Russell Pope, Boston inventor, discovered how to use electricity, magnets, and a bell to produce an electric version of the burglar alarm. It was powered by battery and mounted on each individual window and door frame.
5. Home security alarm systems produce a high level of protection from water and fire damages, even when a homeowner is absent, due to the additional detectors.
6. In 2013, it was estimated that the losses from all reported property crimes totaled $16.6 billion
7. Insurance companies may reduce homeowner's insurance rates by 20% when there is an alarm system installed.
8. A burglary occurs every 13 seconds in the United States.
9. There are an estimated 18 million home security systems currently installed in the US.
Phoenix Surveillance cares about your security. Give us a call at (602) 248-8477 or click the link below to get your free alarm quote today!